Grease fire erupts
An unattended pot of grease on the stove was reportedly the cause for a house fire that erupted Monday night on Nix Street.
Eric Brazzel, Ruston Fire Department public education officer, said when firefighters arrived on the scene at 11:09 p.m. flames could be seen coming from the rooftop.
“Firefighters attacked the fire, bringing it under control in about 30 minutes,” Brazzel said.
“After investigating the fire (it was) revealed that most of the damage was in the kitchen area.”