Suits cripple progress
• Allowing Owens to make decisions that were not his to make;
• Terminating employees who did not provide financing for “pet projects;”
• Not following protocol in hirings, firings or merit raises;
• Punishing whistle blowers; and
• Destroying the morale of GSU and its relationship with the city.
What the lawsuits failed to mention were the improvements made to student housing, progress on the Eddie Robinson Museum, higher admission standards and the addition of an endowed chair.
NAACP State President Ernest Johnson addressed the issue at the state conference this weekend.