Did fireworks spark blaze?
The Lincoln Parish Fire Department responded to its first structure fire of the new year at 1:51 a.m. Jan. 1.
LPFD spokesman Jim Hilton said the residential fire was at 237 Houston St. in Simsboro. The first unit on the scene reportedly arrived approximately eight minutes after the fire was reported and found that the residence was heavily involved in fire. The LPFD responded with a total of 13 personnel.
“We had a quick response to this fire given the time of day, but the fire was too far advanced on our arrival for our personnel to save any of the residence,” Hilton said.