- 12 - RUSTON FIELD 12-184 and 12-185
- 12 -
12-184 and 12-185
STATE OF LOUISIANA, OFFICE OF CONSERVATION, BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA.
In accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana, and with particular reference to the provisions of Title 30 of Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, a public hearing will be held in the Hearing Room, 1st Floor, LaSalle Building, 617 North 3rd Street, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at 9:00 a.m. on TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012, upon the application of DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION COMPANY, LP.
At such hearing the Commissioner of Conservation will consider evidence relative to the issuance of Orders pertaining to the following matters relating to the McFearin Zone and Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A, in the Ruston Field, Lincoln Parish, Louisiana.
1. To authorize Devon Energy Production Company, LP to drill, designate and utilize an alternate unit well for MCF SUI and LCV RA SUK at the exceptional location shown on the plat submitted with the application, or to a point within a fifty foot radius of said location, provided that there are no perforations in the wellbore closer than 330 feet to any unit line.
2. To establish that the proposed alternate unit well is necessary to efficiently and effectively drain a portion of the McFearin Zone and Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A, that cannot be drained by any other well located on MCF SUI and LCV RA SUK.
3. To authorize the unit allowable for these units to be recovered from the existing wells located on the units, the proposed alternate unit wells, or any combination thereof, at the discretion of the operator.
4. To consider such other matters as may be pertinent.
The McFearin Zone was defined in Office of Conservation Order No. 164-G, effective August 1, 1959 and was redefined in Order No. 164-G-4, effective April 1, 1962.
The Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A was defined in Order No. 164-Z, effective February 12, 1997 and was redefined as to LCV RA SUK in Order No. 164-Z-12, effective April 12, 2011.
Plats are available for inspection in the Office of Conservation in Baton Rouge and Shreveport, Louisiana.
All parties having interest therein shall take notice thereof.
BY ORDER OF:
JAMES H. WELSH
COMMISSIONER OF CONSERVATION
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE AT THE HEARING, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE OF CONSERVATION-ENGINEERING DIVISION AT P.O. BOX 94275, BATON ROUGE, LA 70804-9275 IN WRITING WITHIN FIVE (5) WORKING DAYS OF THE HEARING DATE.
1td: February 23, 2012