- 2 - RUSTON FIELD Docket Nos. 12-353 thru 12-356
- 2 - RUSTON FIELD
Docket Nos. 12-353 thru 12-356
STATE OF LOUISIANA, OFFICE OF CONSERVATION, BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA.
In accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana, and with particular reference to the provisions of Title 30 of Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, a public hearing will be held in the Hearing Room, 1st Floor, LaSalle Building, 617 North 3rd Street, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at 9:00 a.m. on TUESDAY, JUNE 26, 2012, upon the application of DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION COMPANY, LP. At such hearing the Commissioner of Conservation will consider evidence relative to the issuance of Orders pertaining to the following matters relating to the D Sand of the Cotton Valley Formation, McFearin Zone and Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A, in the Ruston Field, Lincoln Parish, Louisiana.
1. To establish two (2) additional drilling and production units for the exploration for and production of gas and condensate from the Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A.
2. To redefine the Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A, INSOFAR AND ONLY INSOFAR as LCV RA SUL and LCV RA SUM are concerned, as being the stratigraphic equivalent of that gas and condensate bearing zone encountered between depths of 9,250' and 10,385' (electrical log measurements) in the Devon Energy Production Company, LP-Mattie Watson No. 1 Well, located in Section 25, Township 19 North, Range 3 West.
3. To force pool and integrate all of the separately owned tracts, mineral leases and other property interests within the proposed units in accordance with Section 10, Title 30 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950 with each tract sharing in unit production on a surface acreage basis of participation.
4. To extend to the proposed units for the Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A, the pertinent provisions of Office of Conservation Order No. 164-Z, effective February 12, 1997, as amended and supplemented by the 164-Z Series of Orders, and all applicable Statewide Orders, except to the extent inconsistent herewith.
5. To provide for the downhole or wellbore combination of production from the McFearin Zone and Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A, from any present or future well drilled on MCF SUO and LCV RA SUL provided the ownership within the units is the same.
6. To provide for the downhole or wellbore combination of production from the D Sand of the Cotton Valley Formation, McFearin Zone, and/or Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A, from any present or future well drilled on CV D SUL, MCF SUL and/or LCV RA SUM provided the ownership within the units is the same.
7. To consider such other matters as may be pertinent.
The D Sand of the Cotton Valley Formation was defined in Order No. 164, effective March 31, 1949.
The McFearin Zone was defined in Order No. 164-G-4, effective April 1, 1962.
The Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A was defined in Order No. 164-Z, effective February 12, 1997 and is to be redefined INSOFAR AND ONLY INSOFAR as LCV RA SUL and LCV RA SUM are concerned as provided herein. Plats are available for inspection in the Office of Conservation in Baton Rouge and Shreveport, Louisiana.
http://dnr.louisiana.gov/conshearings. All parties having interest therein shall take notice thereof.
BY ORDER OF:
JAMES H. WELSH
COMMISSIONER OF CONSERVATION
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE AT THE HEARING, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE OF CONSERVATION-ENGINEERING DIVISION AT P.O. BOX 94275, BATON ROUGE, LA 70804-9275 IN WRITING WITHIN TEN (10) WORKING DAYS OF THE HEARING DATE.
1td: May 22, 2012