Trash pile blaze ignites house fire
A fire Monday evening damaged a porch and part of a house trailer on U.S. 167.
Lincoln Parish Fire Department Chief Dennis Ford said a man was burning a trash pile near a friend’s trailer at 2669 U.S. 167 when the flames ignited the trailer’s back porch.
“The fire was too close to the structure and caught the porch on fire and then moved to the back part of the trailer,” Ford said. “We received the call at 7:03 p.m. and the man had knocked down most of the fire with a garden hose by the time we got there. But the trailer was still smoking when we got there, so we wet things down a little more to put out anything that was smoldering, and we cleared smoke out of the residence. There was some smoke damage and a little structure damage, although the trailer wasn’t damaged real bad. The porch was charred up pretty good, though, and will probably have to be rebuilt.”