NOTICE OF PUBLIC SALE CITY OF RUSTON
Sale of Scrap Materials as Surplus
Resolution No. 715 of 2010
SEALED BIDS will be received until the hour of 10:00 a.m. local time Tuesday, December 14, 2010 in the Purchasing Department of the city of Ruston located in Ruston City Hall, 401 North Trenton Street, Ruston, LA 71270, at which time and place all bids received will be publicly opened and read aloud for the following Surplus Property:
DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY TO BE SOLD
All scrap materials situated primarily at the Public Works Department at 701 E. Tennessee Avenue and on City property at other locations throughout the City, and all additional scrap materials, which will be collected during the of calendar year 2011. The City shall sell the Scrap Materials pursuant to the following terms and conditions:
(a) Minimum prices:
(1) Scrap iron (container service) – two cents ($0.02) per pound;
(2) Copper wire (container service) – one dollar seventy cents ($1.70) per pound; and
(3) Aluminum wire and sign blanks (container service) - thirty ($.30) cents per pound.
(b) Other terms and conditions:
(1) All Scrap Materials shall be sold without warranty;
(2) All Scrap Materials shall be removed by the purchaser at the expense of the purchaser; and
(3) Payment shall be made to the City within seven (7) days from date of removal of scrap.
Specifications may be obtained from the office of the Purchasing Agent, City Hall, 401 North Trenton Street, Ruston, Louisiana 71270 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Each bid MUST BE sealed and plainly marked with “Bid for Surplus Property – Scrap Materials (2011) and the company’s return address.
NO LATE BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED. The City of Ruston reserves the right to reject any and all bids for just cause and reserves the right to waive any and all informalities.
C. Michelle Blackwell, CPPB
City of Ruston
2td:November 12, 2010 and November 15, 2010