- 11 - RUSTON FIELD Docket No. 11-540
- 11 - RUSTON FIELD
Docket No. 11-540
STATE OF LOUISIANA, OFFICE OF CONSERVATION, BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA.
In accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana, and with particular reference to the provisions of Title 30 of Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, a public hearing will be held in the Hearing Room, 1st Floor, LaSalle Building, 617 North 3rd Street, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at 9:00 a.m. on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2011, upon the application of DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION COMPANY, LP. At such hearing the Commissioner of Conservation will consider evidence relative to the issuance of Orders pertaining to the following matters relating to the Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A, in the Ruston Field, Lincoln Parish, Louisiana.
1. To authorize Devon Energy Production Company, LP. to drill, designate and utilize a horizontal lateral as an alternate unit well for LCV RA SUA in the general manner shown on the plat submitted with the application, or along a path and to a bottom hole location within a one hundred foot radius of that shown, provided there are no perforations in the wellbore closer than 330 feet to any unit line.
2. To confirm that with respect to horizontal wells drilled to the Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A, within or to serve LCV RA SUA, where the horizontal portion of the well is cased and cemented back above the top of the Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A, the distance to any unit boundary or any offset well(s) should be calculated based on the distance to the nearest perforation in the well, and not based on the penetration point or terminus.
3. To establish that the proposed alternate unit well is necessary to efficiently and economically recover hydrocarbons underlying LCV RA SUA which cannot be efficiently and economically recovered by any existing well on the unit.
4. To the extent necessary, to approve the proposed alternate unit well as an exception to the well location provisions of Office of Conservation Order No. 164-Z, effective February 12, 1997.
5. To authorize the unit allowable for LCV RA SUA to be recovered from the existing well located on the unit, the proposed alternate unit well, or any combination thereof, at the discretion of the operator.
6. To consider such other matters as may be pertinent.
The Lower Cotton Valley Zone, Reservoir A was defined in Order No. 164-Z, effective February 12, 1997.
A plat is available for inspection in the Office of Conservation in Baton Rouge and Shreveport, Louisiana.
All parties having interest therein shall take notice thereof.
BY ORDER OF:
JAMES H. WELSH
COMMISSIONER OF CONSERVATION
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE AT THE HEARING, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE OF CONSERVATION-ENGINEERING DIVISION AT P.O. BOX 94275, BATON ROUGE, LA 70804-9275 IN WRITING WITHIN FIVE (5) WORKING DAYS OF THE HEARING DATE.
1td: August 25, 2011