Occupant escapes injury in fire
Ruston Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 1710 Skyline St. at 8:50 a.m. Friday. Firefighters reportedly found a small one-room building being used as a residence, which was fully involved with fire. RFD Public Education Officer Eric Brazzel said the occupant was home at the time of the fire and was able to escape without injury. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, although all was lost. Brazzel said investigation of the fire found the use of substandard electrical wiring, which caused the ignition of fire.