- 16 - RUSTON FIELD Docket Nos. 12-434 thru 12-436
- 16 -
RUSTON FIELD Docket Nos. 12-434 thru 12-436
STATE OF LOUISIANA, OFFICE OF CONSERVATION, BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA.
In accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana, and with particular reference to the provisions of Title 30 of Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, a public hearing will be held in the Hearing Room, 1st Floor, LaSalle Building, 617 North 3rd Street, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at 9:00 a.m. on TUESDAY, JUNE 26, 2012, upon the application of DEVON ENERGY PRODUCTION COMPANY, LP.
At such hearing the Commissioner of Conservation will consider evidence relative to the issuance of Orders pertaining to the following matters relating to the D Sand of the Cotton Valley Formation and McFearin Zone, in the Ruston Field, Lincoln Parish, Louisiana.
1. To authorize Devon Energy Production Company, LP. to drill, designate and utilize a substitute unit well for CV D SUL at the exceptional location shown on the plat submitted with the application.
2. To authorize Devon Energy Production Company, LP. to drill, designate and utilize alternate unit wells for McF SUL and McF SUO at the exceptional locations shown on the plat submitted with the application.
3. To establish that the proposed substitute unit well for CV D SUL is necessary to efficiently and effectively drain a portion of the D Sand of the Cotton Valley Formation that cannot be efficiently and effectively drained by any other well located on that unit.
4. To establish that the proposed alternate unit wells for McF SUL and McF SUO are necessary to efficiently and effectively drain portions of the McFearin Zone that cannot be efficiently and effectively drained by any other well located on those units.
5. To authorize the unit allowable for McF SUL and McF SUO to be recovered from the existing wells located on the units, the proposed alternate unit wells, or any combination thereof, at the discretion of the operator.
6. To consider such other matters as may be pertinent.
The D Sand of the Cotton Valley Formation was defined in Order No. 164, effective March 31, 1949.
The McFearin Zone was defined in Order No. 164-G, effective August 1, 1959, and was redefined in Order No. 164-G-4, effective April 1, 1962.
Plats are available for inspection in the Office of Conservation in Baton Rouge and Shreveport, Louisiana.
All parties having interest therein shall take notice thereof.
BY ORDER OF:
JAMES H. WELSH
COMMISSIONER OF CONSERVATION
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE AT THE HEARING, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE OF CONSERVATION-ENGINEERING DIVISION AT P.O. BOX 94275, BATON ROUGE, LA 70804-9275 IN WRITING WITHIN FIVE (5) WORKING DAYS OF THE HEARING DATE.
1td: June 11, 2012