NOTICE OF PUBLIC SALE CITY OF RUSTON Sale of Scrap Materials as Surplus Movable Property
NOTICE OF PUBLIC SALE CITY OF RUSTON
Sale of Damaged Transformers as Surplus Movable Property Resolution No. 815 of 2012
SEALED BIDS will be received until the hour of 10:00 a.m. local time Tuesday, February 19, 2013 in the Purchasing Office of the city of Ruston located at the Ruston Public Works Complex, 701 East Tennessee Avenue, Ruston, LA 71270, at which time and place all bids received will be publicly opened and read aloud for the following Surplus Property.
DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY TO BE SOLD
All damaged transformers collected during the calendar year 2013. The scrap transformers will be located on-site at the Public Works Department, 701 W. Tennessee Avenue. The city shall sell the Transformers pursuant to the following terms and conditions:
(1) Minimum Price: $1.00 per kVA;
(2) Bidders may bid price per kVA or a percentage of the Refiners Copper Scrap No. 1 Index;
(3) The Transformers shall be sold as is, without warranty;
(4) The Transformers shall be removed from the city property at the expense of the purchaser within thirty (30) days of notification(s); and
(5) Payment shall be made to the city within seven (7) days from date(s) of the removal of the Transformers.
Specifications may be obtained from the office of the Purchasing Agent, Ruston Public Works Complex, 701 East Tennessee Avenue, Ruston, Louisiana 71270 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Bidders may elect to submit bids electronically via the internet. Electronic bids for the city are available for submission at www.bidexpress.com.
Each bid MUST BE sealed and plainly marked with “Bid for Surplus Property - Damaged Transformers (2013)” and the company's return address. NO LATE BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED. The city of Ruston reserves the right to reject any and all bids for just cause and reserves the right to waive any and all informalities.
C. Michelle Colvin, CPPB
City of Ruston
2td: January 15 & 21, 2013