Frat house fire erupts
According to the Ruston Fire Department, investigation of a recent fraternity house fire revealed the inappropriate use of extension cords, which shorted out causing the fire.
RFD responded to the structure fire at the Alpha Gamma Rho house on West California Avenue at 10:59 am. Friday. On arrival firefighters found flames coming from the rear of the house. It reportedly took about 20 minutes to completely extinguish the fire.
RFD Public Education Officer Eric Brazzel said the structure was an older home with one power outlet in the room of origin.