- 6 - WEST SIMSBORO FIELD
- 6 - WEST SIMSBORO FIELD
11-178 LEGAL NOTICE
STATE OF LOUISIANA, OFFICE OF CONSERVATION, BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA.
In accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana, and with particular reference to the provisions of Title 30 of Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, a public hearing will be held in the Hearing Room, 1st Floor, LaSalle Building, 617 North 3rd Street, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at 9:00 a.m. on TUESDAY, MARCH 22, 2011, upon the application of INDIGO MINERALS LLC. At such hearing the Commissioner of Conservation will consider evidence relative to the issuance of Orders pertaining to the following matters relating to the Cotton Valley Formation, Reservoir A, in the West Simsboro Field, Lincoln Parish, Louisiana.
1. To authorize Applicant to drill, designate and utilize a horizontal well as an alternate unit well for CV RA SUB at the location shown on the plat submitted with the application, and to approve an exception to the spacing provisions of Office of Conservation Order No. 327-D, effective August 1, 1980, for all productive portions of the wellbore of this well located as least 330 feet from a unit boundary.
2. To find that the proposed alternate unit well is necessary to efficiently and economically drain a portion of the Cotton Valley Formation, Reservoir A, underlying CV RA SUB which cannot be efficiently and economically drained by any existing well on such unit.
3. To provide that where the horizontal portion of the well is cased, the distance to any unit boundary and between offset well(s) will be calculated based on the distance to the nearest perforation in the well and not on the penetration point or terminus of the well in the Cotton Valley Formation.
4. To permit the operator of CV RA SUB to produce the unit allowable from either the unit well, from any alternate unit well, or from any combination of such wells, at the option of the Operator.
5. Except insofar as set forth above, to confirm and continue in effect the provisions of Order No. 327-D, effective August 1, 1980, as amended and supplemented by the Order No. 327-D Series of Orders, the units created thereby and all applicable Statewide Orders.
6. To consider such other matters as may be pertinent.
The Cotton Valley Formation, Reservoir A was defined in Order No. 327-D, effective August 1, 1980.
A plat is available for inspection in the Office of Conservation in Baton Rouge and Shreveport, Louisiana.
All parties having interest therein shall take notice thereof.
BY ORDER OF:
JAMES H. WELSH
COMMISSIONER OF CONSERVATION
Baton Rouge, LA 3/2/11;3/5/11 S lck
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE OF CONSERVATION- ENGINEERING DIVISION AT P.O. BOX 94275, BATON ROUGE, LA 70804-9275 IN WRITING WITHIN FIVE (5) WORKING DAYS OF THE HEARING DATE.
1td:March 7, 2011