SUbscriber Login | NEW SUBSCRIPTION  

Smoke detectors useful for elderly

Last Saturday, the Lincoln Parish Fire Department responded to a structure fire that was started in the kitchen around the owner’s stove. The owner was asleep at the time this was happening and was woken up by a smoke detector that the LPFD installed months before. It was later reported that 75 percent of the structure was lost when heat and smoke damage was taken into consideration. If the owner’s smoke detector was never installed, he could have been injured or killed during the disaster.

Full text of this article is available to subscribers only. Login if you are already a subscriber. If you are not a subscriber, you can subscribe to the online version here.

Bookmark and Share